Friends of Mt Tam (formerly the Mt. Tamalpais Interpretive Association) is the volunteer organization whose purpose is to promote the conservation, education, and interpretation of California State Parks, primarily at Mount Tamalpais State Park.
We do this in a variety of ways, including:
- Volunteering at the Visitor Center on East Peak
- Sponsoring interpretive hikes for the public
- Selling and distributing interpretive and educational materials
- Aiding in conserving and interpreting areas of the State Park System
- Fundraising to support these activities
Most of all, we are a group of individuals whose interest, ages and backgrounds vary greatly but who are linked together by a love of Mt. Tamalpais State Park.