The Saturday Setup for this event is Here
The Sunday Setup for this event is Here
The Center for Volunteer & Nonprofit Leadership (CVNL), Solano Napa Habitat for Humanity, The Tug McGraw Foundation, and The Home Depot Foundation are partnering up for a special project for the Veterans Home of California Yountville
Overview: On Wednesday, May 24th from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. there will be a closed volunteer event hosting 300 Home Depot volunteers giving back to our veterans here at the Veterans Home of California Yountville and we need skilled volunteer site leads!
The Yountville Veteran Home staff and the partnering nonprofit committee have cooperatively designed outdoor recreation, green exercise, and comradery projects to improve the quality of life of our veterans for the one-day service project hosting 300 Home Depot Volunteers.
Skilled Project site leads will help oversee the volunteers as they work in multiple areas throughout the Veterans Home. We are looking for passionate, experienced, and energetic site leaders for the prep of the project and on the actual build day. If you have carpentry, landscaping, or volunteer management background or a professional background in project supervision, please sign up to join our team!
General Project Scope:
What: Each Volunteer Site Lead is responsible for organizing, coordinating and overseeing construction and volunteer projects as follows:
- Assembling pre-cut park benches, picnic tables, planter benches, shade structures, planters and sheds-based off of preapproved designs
- Spreading mulch and planting trees
- Installing garden planter beds, fencing, archway gate, and landscaping.
- Assembling custom Adirondack chairs, building planters, and creating a recreation space with horseshoes and corn hole style outdoor games.
- Can commit to:
- May 24th Day of the event: 6:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Pre-event work 1 – 2 partial days before May 24th (optional, but much appreciated)
- Food, water, snacks will be provided
- All tools and equipment will be provided
- You will be working in partnership with site leads from Home Depot and Solano Napa Habitat for Humanity
Job Site Coordination
- Oversees and directs work of volunteers at job site.
- Follows provided work schedule and project time line for project completion.
- Follows direction provided by construction manager to perform the day’s job tasks and organizes them into assignments for volunteers.
- Ensures materials and tools needed to complete day’s work are at job site.
- Sets up and maintains a safe, organized work site, and a secure area for tools.
- Can lead and present a comprehensive Safety Orientation.
- Gives clear direction and sets a consistent standard of acceptable quality craftsmanship.
- Checks volunteers’ work and provides feedback so jobs are done correctly.
- Secures job site at the end of each work day to make sure tools are put away and job site is cleaned up and safe.
- Works with Project Managers to make sure needed tools are available as necessary.
- Power tools, hand tools, carpentry basics, volunteer management, site supervision, and landscaping
- Ability to:
- Effectively supervise volunteers
- Work with a variety of people with differing skill levels and backgrounds
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform a variety of construction tasks
- Proficiently operate standard construction equipment
- Communicate effectively with the public as well as project members and volunteers
- Work efficiently with frequent interruptions
- Organize work effectively and set appropriate priorities for completing tasks
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions