Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Education Station Assistant
The Education Station Volunteer will help staff the Education Station, located next to the Information Booth, and oversee kid-friendly edu-tainment activities promoting love of fruits, vegetables and farmers markets!
- Tuesdays April 2 through September 24, 2019
- Saturdays year-round
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Will have experience and enjoy working with kids
- Must be able to do light lifting and comfortable working outside
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Set up the Education Station between 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Staff the Education Station during market hours 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Support Story Time 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. – 11:00a.m. (read stories if there is no volunteer)
- Conduct the Harvest of the Month Produce Tasting
- Follow healthy practices during produce tasting preparation, serving and clean up
- Lead fruit and veggie-centered play (coloring, chalk art, origami, art projects, etc.) with kids between Story Time and Produce Tasting
- Help keep the Education Station area and materials clean, sanitary and organized
- Pack up the Education Station between 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: