Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Election Workers Needed - Solano County!
Are you ready to help advance democracy? Join us on Election Day as a pollworker. You can be part of a historic election by helping voters cast their ballot on election day. Below is a summary of duties by each of the different pollworkers:
Overview of Polling Place Team Members
A polling place team includes:
- Roving Inspectors - Provides technical and administrative support to an assigned group of polling places on Election Day.
- Inspectors - Manages the polling place and team of poll workers. In larger polling places, two (2) Inspectors are assigned and will share responsibility. eRoster Clerks - Checks in voters at the polling place and determines the type of ballot the voter receives.
- Ballot Clerks - Issues the paper ballots to voters who can insert their ballots in the Ballot Scanner and have their ballot counted immediately. Issues replacement ballots if voter makes a mistake.
- Provisional Clerks - Issues provisional ballots to voters because of special circumstances. Secures the voted ballots and sends them to the Registrar of Voters for review to determine if the ballot counts. Also assists voters who may need the electronic ballot marking device.
- Greeters - Directs the voters to the correct polling place, answers generic questions for voters, helps with managing lines of voters, and will help other clerks with breaks.
- Equipment Clerks - Sets up and operates the Ballot Scanner, with help of one other clerk or Inspector. Answers voter questions on equipment and ensures ballots are cast by voters. Hands out "I Voted stickers".
All of the specific tasks and responsibilities of each position will be discussed both in our online training portal, and during a required hands-on training class.
DO NOT EXPRESS INTEREST, APPLY HERE!
If you have previously worked as a poll worker, log in here.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: