Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+
MLK Day Snack Drive
MLK Day 2021 Operation D.R.E.A.M. (Dedicated Readers Excel And Motivate)
Project begins January 18, 2021 and ends February 19, 2021.
In observance of MLK Day and wishing to bring forth Dr. Martin Luther King’s message of freedom, equality, justice and love, CVNL is coordinating a community service project with a goal of giving 500 North Bay children and youth the gift of books to nourish their minds and the gift of snacks to nourish their bodies.
Each bag of gifts will contain approximately $25 worth of books and $10 worth of snacks. How many gift bags can you help to make?
We are requesting your support by donating healthy, pre-packaged, non-perishable snacks or a gift certificate to purchase such items. Will you help?
Ways to help with food donations:
- Gift cards are a great way to participate in the program from the safety and comfort of your home. Send gift cards to CVNL (addresses below) so our volunteers can purchase snacks on your behalf.
- Snacks need to be:
- nut free
- for individual consumption
- Snack suggestions*: applesauce, cereal, pretzels, popcorn, chips, graham crackers, crackers
Where to Donate
Send virtual gift cards to Elaine Tokolahi email@example.com
65 Mitchell Blvd., Suite 101
San Rafael, CA 94903
Send virtual gift cards to Jim Tomlinson firstname.lastname@example.org
433 Soscol Ave., A-100
Napa, CA 94559
Send virtual gift cards to Rhonda Rochon Smith email@example.com
675 Texas Street, Suite 6503
Fairfield, CA 94533
Send virtual gift cards to Jessica Grace-Gallagher firstname.lastname@example.org
153 Stony Cir., #100
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
Are you planning on participating in MLK Day of Service 2021? Don't forget to snap a few photos and share with us! Use your phone's camera on the QR code below, or click the image to go to our form where you can upload your beautiful photos.
CVNL & AmeriCorps would love to see photos of you:
1) Preparing your donations (example: creating bookmarks, notecards, or going to the book store to purchase books).
2) Donating items and shipping them to one of CVNL's offices!
We will be highlighting the best photos on our social media pages!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram:
CVNL - Facebook: @CVNL.BayArea, Instagram: @Capacity4Change
Solano Volunteers - Facebook: @SolanoVolunteers, Instagram: @SolanoVolunteers
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: