Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Become a LANDSCAPE VOLUNTEER!
Landscape & Facilities Volunteer
To provide cultivation, landscaping, and general labor support for the maintenance of Agency property.
Ashley Creese, Volunteer Services – email@example.com
Gary Neal, Facilities and Contract Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities and duties:
- Perform general maintenance duties including moving furniture and groundskeeping
- Operate power tools and equipment safely
- Ensure grounds are free of weeds and debris
- Maintain and repair grounds and structures using hand such as shovels, rakes, and saws
- Utilize personal vehicle to travel between Agency facilities
- Adhere to Agency code of ethics, and health and safety protocols.
- Communicates with individuals in a respectful manner and responsive approach to differing beliefs and practices, sexual orientations, disability statuses, gender identities, ages, cultural preferences, linguistic needs, and other state and federal protected statuses.
- Flexible to schedule
Required skills and qualifications:
- Ability to adhere to local, state, federal, and Agency health and safety guidelines
- Willingness to provide a pleasant and welcoming environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Working knowledge of gardening preferred
- Ability to safely operate equipment such as lawnmowers, and hedge trimmers.
- Able to work outside in various weather conditions for extended periods of time
- 18+ years of age
- Verbal communication skills
Benefits to volunteer:
- Volunteer for Marin County’s largest nonprofit social services provider
- Make a tangible impact within the community
- Various locations
***Community Action Marin’s Main Office and Children Centers are currently closed to the public due to the COVID-19 health crisis. ***
This opportunity may involve physical demands (e.g. climb stairs, carrying, lifting, etc.) as the actions are essential function to the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities to perform essential functions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: