Community Action Marinhttp://www.camarin.org
All of us in Marin have an equal opportunity to live our lives with dignity and respect.
We make it possible for people to achieve wellbeing by providing the education, mental health, and vital services they need. Together, we break down the barriers that get in the way of fair and lasting change in service to better outcomes for all.
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
What We Do:
We strive to improve stability, quality of life and community connection through a variety of different social services that provide the foundation to develop and sustain life skills. Our programs support clients through financial management, career coaching, free and affordable child care support, energy assistance, better nutrition, advocacy and support for families living with mental illness and overall pathways to self-sufficiency for those of low-income living in Marin. Our services are unique and broad and we are available to provide a sense of relief and guidance to our clients and have designed our services to address their needs holistically and personally.Community Action Marin's programs include:
- BASIC HUMAN NEEDS: Emergency Family Needs Fund, Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- EARLY CHILDHOOD & FAMILY DEVELOPMENT: Marin Head Start and Early Head Start Programs, Marin Community Child Development Centers, Central Kitchen, Bolinas Children's Center
- FINANCIAL EDUCATION & TAX PREPARATION: Sparkpoint Marin, VITA
- MENTAL HEALTH: Peer Mental Health Program, Patients Rights Advocate, Family Partnership Program
- CARE: Street Outreach Team
Each program/center offers volunteer and employment opportunities geared toward specific program needs. Email us today and let us know how you want to get involved: firstname.lastname@example.org